Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 Bug

2007-01-22 18:20:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4 Bug
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:20:20 +1300
Hi Rob

Thanks for that, the vault job did indeed return status 306. If the
normal behaviour now is not to retry then I do prefer the bug!

Depending on how you interpret them, the MP4 release notes kind of imply
that they should retry now when they weren't before:-

Etrack Incident = ET630777
Associated Primary Etracks = ET630772

   A change was made to the Policy Execution Manager to auto retry Vault
jobs
   on Status codes EC_vc_EjectFailed (287), EC_vc_EjectPartialSuccess
(288),
   and EC_vc_PartialSuccess (306).  If one image failed to duplicate,
Vault
   would return a status 306.  Also changed the parent job (nbgenjob) to
   validate the image for a Vault job that returned an error status 306,
287,
   or 288.

I am confused!