Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup - 2 drives doing backups in the same time.

2007-01-21 14:09:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup - 2 drives doing backups in the same time.
From: feintasqui at hotmail.com (felipe intaasqui)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:09:48 +0000
Hello

First, i will explain how my enviroment is configured. I have a robot, model
L20, that is connected to a Solartis 8 that is master, media and client (i
doing this for tests), my robot has 2 drives, both of the same density and
model.

My problem is, i want that each one of this 2 drives execute one backup of
different polices simultaneously.

Things that i configured:
I have one storage unit, configured with maximum concurrent drives used for
backup seted for 2.
All drives and robots are configured. and the volumes and polices are
created.
in the host properties > Master server i set up the option maximum job per
client with the value 2.
When i tried to to a manual backup with the polices in the same time, both
started in the same time, but when it reach the mounting tape fase, the
second drive only mount the tape when the first backup is finished.

Is this possible to be done ? Am i forgeting something ? Is there an easy
way to do this ?

thanks in advance
Felipe

Insta-le agora o Windows Live Messenger!
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview