Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk estimates for 5.1 to 6.0 upgrade

2007-01-18 10:30:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk estimates for 5.1 to 6.0 upgrade
From: WBedour at lear.com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:30:50 -0500
Our environment is HP-UX 11.11, Netbackup 5.1 MP3 backing up mostly HP
unix with some Sun and Windows backups.  We are thinking about upgrading
to 6.0 sometime before the end of support for 5.1 happens in October
2007.  With all the bad press for 6.0, we have been waiting until it
settled down.  For those who have upgraded, what did you see as far as
additional disk needed (catalog size, log size, etc.)?  I'm looking for
a rough guesstimate, our disk guys are also trying to plan ahead and are
asking for numbers now.  Thanks in advance, any input will be
appreciated.

Wayne BeDour

IT Unix System Administrator

PH: 313-240-3374  FAX: 313-240-3065

Internet:  wbedour at lear.com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.