Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tracking bpduplicate activity

2007-01-17 16:01:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tracking bpduplicate activity
From: Jeffrey_Dykzeul at raytheon.com (Jeffrey Dykzeul)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:01:05 -0800
Running NBU6 on Solaris 9.

I am beginning to implement duplication of backups from the command line
using the form

      # bpduplicate  -backupid <BID>  -dp <poolname>    -rl  8  -dstunit
<stu_name>

I get the BID from bpimagelist. This seems to work well enough, but does
anybody have any recommendations for a more appropriate way to do it?

Also, I would like to track any duplication activity after the fact, much
like using bpimagelist to track backups which have completed. I just
started looking at this but it's not obvious. Does anybody know of a method
for doing this?

Jeff Dykzeul
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems