Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quantum PX510 with Solaris 10, Netbackup 6

2007-01-17 13:03:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quantum PX510 with Solaris 10, Netbackup 6
From: cpreston at glasshouse.com (Curtis Preston)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:03:49 -0500
To set the record straight on this, I got a private email from a Quantum SE and
this is what he said:

>On the PX510 (and the 502 and 506), you can either setup the library to

>have no CAP (load port, Import Export station, mail slots, etc), or up to 36
>load port slots.

>The bottom left and bottom right magazines can be configured as load ports
>through

>the web interface to the library or through settings on the front control
>panel.

>When there is a CAP configured on the PX510, you should not have to take it

>offline to open the CAP and load/unload cartridges.

In addition, while the Scalar 24 might have to come offline, the larger Scalar
products (Scalar 1K, 2K, 10K) can remain online while you open the CAP.

Someone else verified that STK libraries also don't have to come offline to
open the CAP.

---

W. Curtis Preston

Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS

VP Data Protection

GlassHouse Technologies