Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO and Multiplexing Question

2007-01-17 12:16:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO and Multiplexing Question
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:16:57 -0800
If I have maximum multiplexing set to 8 on one storage unit A, and 1 on
another storage unit B that are sharing drives in SSO, then if a job
starts to run using storage unit B will it only run one stream to the
drive until that job has been completed?

Basically I want to prevent multiplexing to drives in SSO only from one
storage unit to maximize drive throughput for a specific job.

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734