Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR Procedures

2007-01-16 14:29:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR Procedures
From: steve.fogarty at gmail.com (Steve Fogarty)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:29:00 -0400
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -hoursago 24 | grep 'media id' |
perl -ane 'use POSIX qw(strftime); @tmp=split(/ /); print strftime("%Y/%m/%d
%H:%M:%S",localtime $tmp[0]); if (/writing/) {print " $tmp[22]\n"} ;' | awk
'{print $NF}' | sort | uniq

Gives all tapes for the last 60 days in a nice list.

Redirect the above about to $MEDIA then loop through the following:

MEDIA=`cat $MEDIA_LIST`
for tapes in $MEDIA
do
VOLUME_POOL=`./vmquery -m $tapes | grep "volume pool" | awk '{print $3}'`
if [ $VOLUME_POOL != CatalogBackup ];then
        echo $tapes >> $NO_CATALOG_BACKUP_MEDIA_LIST
else
          echo $tapes >> $CATALOG_BACKUP_MEDIA_LIST
fi
Done

At the end you will have 2 lists, one containing catalog and non-catalog
tapes.  You can "frig" with the loop to get all your different volume pool
lists.