Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 6.0 MP3 and NOM

2007-01-14 18:40:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.0 MP3 and NOM
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:40:01 +1100
Courtenay,

NOM is fairly useless until MP4, apparently; we're going to put MP4 on
NOM but we're just waiting until all the master servers are on MP4.
You'll probably have to update to MP4 if you want to use it; there's no
other fixes that I know of.
Our setup is 2 Solaris Master servers (on 2 sites) with MP3 currently
(soon to be MP4), 3 Windows Master servers and this is repeated on
another isolated network. We currently use NOM MP3 and find that on NOM
the various monitors come and go (usually it seems to be
hardware-related monitors) for servers. I haven't figured out any
pattern, it seems to be fairly random; later on, the monitor may be fine
again.

I'd say MP4 is definitely the next step; I think it's been accepted that
pre-MP4 just doesn't do what it's supposed to with NOM.

Cheers,

Tim