Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd byte counts in restore log

2007-01-12 13:40:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd byte counts in restore log
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:40:28 -0500
Trying to figure out what this means (other than it couldn't write the
file because it thought it was out of space):

12:32:41 (166920.001) Could only write 82944 of 262144 bytes to file
/database/olaprdo/temp04.dbf at file offset 3 gigabytes + 1914412032
bytes
12:32:41 (166920.001) Couldn't write to file
/database/olaprdo/temp04.dbf: No space left on device

The original file was actually 5242888192 bytes.   Looking at the target
filesystem given its current space available I can see that this file
wouldn't have fit.  I'm just trying to figure out where it determined
the numbers seen in the first line of the message as they don't seem to
relate directly either to the filesystem size or the original file size.

Notes:  We do have largefiles turned on for this vxfs filesystem.   We
also know we don't need the above file for Oracle to start as we can
delete it.  I'm just curious about the odd numbers it shows.   This is
NB 5.1 MP4 on HP-UX running Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File
System.