Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Another bpstart_notify scripting question

2007-01-11 14:23:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Another bpstart_notify scripting question
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:23:40 -0800
I need some more help please...

This is really more of a Windows scripting question, but has to do with
a bpstart_notify script I am working on. The script used rcmd.exe to
connect to a remote computer and run a series of commands to create a
clone of a volume. Then the script executes some Veritas Volume Manager
commands on the local client to import the volume's disk group, assign
it a drive letter, and then from there the backup job backs up that
drive letter.

I could have sworn I tested the rcmd.exe %ERRORLEVEL% return codes
earlier to see if they would return the error value for the actual
remote command being run, but it seems either my test was flawed or I
was mistaken. It seems no matter what the return code of the remote
command is, the %ERRORLEVEL% is reporting a 1. I need to be able to
capture the return code from the remote command for error handling, any
thoughts?

Thanks in advanced!

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734