Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Data Domain with NBU

2007-01-11 12:16:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Data Domain with NBU
From: tiptonc at bronsonhg.org (Chuck Tipton)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:16:35 -0500
Mike,

We use NBU 5.1 MP5 with a pair of Data Domain DD460's, one replicating the
other.  We have had them installed about 6 months, and we have not had a single
problem.  We use a Unix Master server, so we just NFS mounted the DD460 and
created the storage unit, and started writing backups to it.  Worked great.  We
did create some CIFS mounts from some Windows media servers, which was a little
more hairy, but I think that was more on the media server side than the Data
Domain side.  Restoring from them has been trouble free, as well.  There is a
great tuning guide for Data Domain/ NetBackup setups available from the Data
Domain website knowledgebase that was helpful, and the few times I have called
support (for technical questions, no problems) they were very good.

Hope this helps!

Chuck