Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 questions about NDMP

2007-01-09 21:16:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 questions about NDMP
From: Len.Boyle at sas.com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:16:33 -0500
Hello Tom,

The answer to question 1 depends on what you mean by multiple jobs per filer.

First of all are you looking to do multiple jobs in  parallel or just do
multiple volumes or qtrees.

In the ndmp policy you can list multiple volumes or qtrees in the policy with
optional new stream statements.

You can also define multiple policies with one or more volumes or qtrees in
each policy.

So you could have policy-netapp1-vol0 /* for vol0 */
Then              policy-netapp2-vol1 /* for vol1 */
Or                policy-netapp2-vol-xyz /* for  flex vol xyz */

These names are just made up, but they should give you the idea.

It all depends on what you want.

I have not looked at  question 2 for a while, so with a fuzzy memory I will say
yes. Remember the netapp is doing the backup and it does not know from netapp's
fraq's. netbackup does have the netapp put netbackup labels on the tape.

len