Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem running NBU v5.1MP6 "bp" on x86_64 Linux

2007-01-09 15:42:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem running NBU v5.1MP6 "bp" on x86_64 Linux
From: andrew at sydelko.org (Andrew Sydelko)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:42:49 -0500
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:26:08 -0500
"Wayne Smith" <pushawlake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that I've updated my Linux 64-bit clients to v5.1MP6, I get the
> following error message immediately on running the "bp" command (output has
> been split into 5 lines to survive  e-mail):
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp:
> error while loading shared libraries:
> libncurses.so.5:
> cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory
>

> We have the 64-bit version installed, but NetBackup apparently can't find it.

There is no 64-bit version of netbackup, it just supports the 64-bit platform.
They are really 32-bit binaries. You can run ldd on /usr/openv/netbackup/bp and
see what it can't find. If you're running RedHat, you
can install libncurses for 32-bit by running 'up2date --arch=i386 ncurses'

--andy.

Andrew Sydelko
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue University