Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Starting a backup job manually from remote?

2007-01-09 14:54:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Starting a backup job manually from remote?
From: ckstehman at pepco.com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:54:06 -0500
Just create a cron job (script) that
calls"/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup"  with the parameters you need.
You will need to create a  user backup  policy on the Master server for
the client you are backing up.  You can have the
script create the directory, call bpbackup and clean up afterwards.  The
bpbackup parameters are in the manual
or on google.  Be sure to use the -w parameter so the job will wait until
the backup is done, and then your script will
continue.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman at pepco.com

Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
01/09/2007 11:46 AM
Please respond to
veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Starting a backup job manually from remote?

Hello!

With NetBackup 5.1 on a Solaris master server, is it somehow
possible to start a backup policy manually from a remote client?

What I'd like to do:

I'd like to setup a Unix cron job somewhere (ie. not necessarily
on the master server). This cron job should do some stuff (like
populating a directory) and then make Veritas NetBackup start the
backup and after the backup, it should cleanup the directory which
has just been backed up. I fear that I cannot use the Veritas
NetBackup scheduler (cf. thread "Pre-/Post-Exec scripts with
NetBackup 5.1?").

Thanks a lot for any help,

Alexander Skwar

PS: If this message comes in twice: Sorry about that. I sent
it through gmane about 2 hours ago, and it yet hasn't shown
up :(
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.