Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec ?!Support?!

2007-01-09 07:56:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec ?!Support?!
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:56:34 -0600
On 1/9/2007 6:27 AM, Spearman, David wrote:

> As far as logging a support call goes you will have no choice except
> to use email in the near future for the initial contact. After that
> who knows what will happen.

Are they friggin' nuts?!  If my mail server is down and I'm having
trouble restoring it, I would think that having phone support is
somewhat important.   For me, I'd probably do the 10-minute drive and
pound on somebody's door, but most people don't have that option.
Unless, of course, Symantec is outsourcing the support to another
country and doesn't want to pay for the phone support and customer
frustration with people who don't speak English natively.

Some companies may think that everybody has high-speed network
connectivity these days and want email or web for everything, but the
reality is that not everybody does.  I know people that don't even have
a landline phone, let alone Internet access, and others that only have
traditional dial-up.  We've got branch offices with slow network access.
Give us phone support or we'll find support vendors that will.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org