Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Only getting 125GB on LTO2 Tape

2007-01-08 14:14:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Only getting 125GB on LTO2 Tape
From: Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:14:47 -0600
I applied the latest kernel patches on friday. went from -22 to -24.
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-118833-24-1

When i upgraded to MP4, i also did not delete the sg driver and
re-install. It said something to the effect "The sg driver was not update,
if you wish you can delete it and re-add it using the following commands"

It's interesting that there is a firmware upgrade for the SUN L8
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/advsearch.do?collection=PATCH&type=collections&max=50&language=en&queryKey5=116622&toDocument=yes

we have two L8 autoloaders.

I grabbed a new tape(Purple Ultirum 2) dropped it in the same drive(HP)
and backed the system up.

I still got 125GB on one tape.

So I now expired the tape and are using the 2nd tape drive(HP) to rule out
a drive problem.

What is weird is each drive backed up 400+GB of data on a single tape over
the weekend. So two 400+GB tapes got written to. I just need to verify
that tape abc got written by tld0 and tape xyz got written to by tld1.