Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Policy - Solution

2007-01-04 14:01:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Policy - Solution
From: cpreston at glasshouse.com (Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:01:24 -0500
You said:

>4 - The default scripts are terrible, and while all this customization
>is possible you really have to "dive in" and learn everything about how
>RMAN and NBU communicate to make this happen. As far as I am concerned
>RMAN telling NBU which policy and schedule to use should be STANDARD.

Are you talking about the example scripts, or the scripts produced by
the wizard?  I think the scripts that are produced by the wizard are
pretty good, and include the logic you're looking for.  It does a check
for what type of schedule is running, then passes the appropriate
variable to RMAN, last time I checked.  You'll have to edit it, of
course, to get it to call the right one.