Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows client hang on system_state

2007-01-04 08:58:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows client hang on system_state
From: dave.markham at fjserv.net (Dave Markham)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:58:02 +0000
Yeah the client just backs up local drives. I haven't tried the multiple
streams on it yet, but i have tried disabling OTM and it now seems to be
working.

So...as im a unix engineer what is the importance of OTM running? I
thought it was so it could backup open files. By disabling it does it
mean the system_state backups will not be valid if files are in use?

Cheers