Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO 3 - Windows 2003 SP1 - NBU 5.x poor performance

2007-01-03 17:24:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO 3 - Windows 2003 SP1 - NBU 5.x poor performance
From: austin.murphy at gmail.com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:24:00 -0500
How many "Maximum concurrent drives used for backups" is your storage
unit configured to write to?

Start small and work your way up.
Set your STU to 1 drive and MPX=4. Measure performance.
increase MPX to 8. measure...
Set the STU to 2 drives. measure...

"Waiting for full buffer" means you are starving your tape drives.

Austin