Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Throttle network bandwidth

2007-01-03 15:29:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Throttle network bandwidth
From: wts at MAINE.EDU (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:29:53 -0500
This more-or-less works (v5.1, Solaris, at least) as advertised.
Unfortunately, it takes a restart of the daemons to put the new values
in production.  This meant I couldn't have "office hours" bandwidth
limited and change or remove the limits overnight.  This did, however,
allow us to backup over slow links without making the IP phone traffic
on the same links sound awful ;-)

cheers, wayne