Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Policy

2007-01-02 11:34:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Policy
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:34:06 -0500
6.0 MP4 on Windows 2003.

I'm setting up an Oracle / RMAN policy and I've run into an interesting
issue.  I want to run Full backups of a DB every Friday.  The last
Friday of the month I was to run the same backup to a different volume
pool.  So I create one policy with two schedules.  But when the 2nd
schedule runs it takes the volume pool of the "default-application"
schedule which is the wrong volume pool.  I can setup a separate policy
to run this backup, but how do I keep 1 backup which runs every Friday
at 4:00PM from running on the last Friday of the month?  If I put both
schedules in the same policy, the monthly runs INSTEAD of the weekly.
I'd prefer to run with single policy, but I don't see how that is
possible given I can't have one Oracle/RMAN policy write to different
volume pools?!

Ideas?

Thanks,

-Jonathan