Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Listing files in a backup image or media ID

2006-12-28 10:52:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Listing files in a backup image or media ID
From: austin.murphy at gmail.com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:52:27 -0500
On 12/28/06, Wessam Aly <WAly at mobinil.com> wrote:

> The verify process actually reads the tape to verify the backup
> images/files. I DO NOT have the tape, its missing. I need to list all the
> files which should reside on that tape (from the media and netbackup
> database) so I can replace the tape by recreating the backup again.

1. Get a list of images that should be on the tape:
bpimmedia -mediaid <mediaID>  | grep IMAGE | cut -d" " -f4

2. Look up the file list for each image:
bpflist -l -client <clientname> -backupid <clientname_imagenumber> -d
01/01/70 -rl 999 | cut -d" " -f10

bpflist is very picky about it's arguments.  Previous posts on this
list also indicate that the syntax has changed with the revisions.
I just tested this on my setup (Solaris 9, NB 5.1, MP6) and it works for me.

Austin