Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quick question about SQL Agent

2006-12-20 15:04:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quick question about SQL Agent
From: tburrell_mn at yahoo.com (Tom Burrell)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:04:59 -0800 (PST)
Jason-
Short answer: no.

The SQL agent provides connectivity to the SQL
database, but does not change the fundamental
architecture of Netbackup nor how the data moves: you
still need a media server (of some flavor) to provide
the backup target- be it disk or tape.

This is apparently coming in 6.5 with the ability to
write to disk units only from SAN clients

Tom Burrell

--- "Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com>