Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS and 2 fiber networks

2006-12-18 08:41:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS and 2 fiber networks
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:41:47 -0500
Gotcha....different ball of wax.

Ok, then what was the question? Oh yes....
;o)

ok....well, assuming you have the library "partitioned" and when you say
the master anhd existing media servers see "all FC drives" in the robot,
then you mean in the particular partition, then we can treat this
"partition" as a single robot without ACSLS.

any drives you add for the new media servers can be added in several
ways.....in one way, you create a brand new "robot" in ACSLS for the new
drives, but that would be my second choice....in that case, the new
partition would include a robot and the two new drives, and the new
media servers would see that, and whatever, but I'm not going to get too
much into that, as I don't think it's the best solution.

Add your two new drives, add them to the existing partition for which
the master controls the robot....zone the new drives to be seen only by
the new media servers, and configure the master as the robot control
host, and you're done.

there's no reason the master or existing media servers need to be zoned
to see the new drives, unless you intend for those servers to share the
drives via SSO. The only servers that should be zoned to the drives are
the servers that will write to the drives.

Paul