Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DataDomain ddr460 restorer storage unit setup practices

2006-12-14 21:42:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DataDomain ddr460 restorer storage unit setup practices
From: jamisonj at zgi.com (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:42:06 -0800
We are in the process of implementing DDR460 restorers in our NetBackup
environment. Backups will go to a DDR460 restorer with a three week
retention and from there will be duplicated to tape and also replicated
to DDR460 restorers at a remote DR site. Right now I have one storage
unit created on each of my DDR460s with the maximum concurrent job
parameter set to 16 jobs. On my tape based storage units I have "maximum
concurrent drives used for backup" set to 6 and "maximum multiplexing
per drive" set to 6., so in theory things are roughly equivalent. I have
a higher concurrent job number set on my disk storage units, based on
DataDomain's recommendation to make up for the fact that we don't
multiplex backups to the DDR460. Is anyone else using these and if so do
you have any suggestions? So far the technology is working pretty well
and now I'm ready to do a full-up test to see how well it handles our
entire backup load.

Thank You and Happy Holidays

Jamie Jamison