Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running out of disk space

2006-12-10 20:08:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running out of disk space
From: Len.Boyle at sas.com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:08:39 -0500
Hello Anas

Take a look at the ...\netbackup\logs directory and any other log directories
under veritas. See how of the spaced used is made up of logs.
For the short term if you are not looking at debug work for a problem you can
turn off logging or turn it down to reduce your log use This should free up
some space.

By the way when you go to 6.0 the space used for logs can go up quite a bit. So
you might want to look at increasing you disk space. I do not know the DL380 to
know if you can add more disk space. If not you might want to look at adding an
ext disk arrary or adding san disk to the master.

In most cases you do not want to delete things under the ...\db directory. This
is the data that keeps track of what you backed up when, for whom, and where it
is stored.

len