Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does CryptoStor Tape play nice with SSO?

2006-12-08 13:49:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does CryptoStor Tape play nice with SSO?
From: KEagle at wilmingtontrust.com (Eagle, Kent)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:49:46 -0500
Jason,

We've been using several CryptoStor FC702 models for over a year now.

Our shop is Win2K3 Master & Media servers, with 7 FC LTO2 drives in a
robot. They are all SSO.

We chose the CryptoStor product over the others we were evaluating
primarily on the simplicity of their key management strategy. The bonus
was, letting the CryptoStor do the compression (encrypted data doesn't
compress at the drive), we got better compression than when the drives
were doing the compression!

We have also used the SCSI version, which is the SC502. My
recommendation for anyone entertaining a CryptoStor in a SCSI
environment is to use the Fiber Channel based FC702 with a Fiber to SCSI
bridge (NeoScale may still offer a special bundle with a Crossroads
bridge). You also only get AES256 in the 702 as opposed to the 502.

Support has been good to date.

Let us know how you make out,

Kent Eagle
Systems Engineer, MCP, MCSE