Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reg: how to restore the data from one master server to another master server in netbackup 6.0

2006-12-06 14:03:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reg: how to restore the data from one master server to another master server in netbackup 6.0
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 00:33:59 +0530
Just try this trick and trust me it works....!

Say my local master server is masterindia (10.16.17.22) and
My offshore master server is masteruk (10.16.18.99)

I know bring the tapes from masteruk to masterindia for restore, copy the
image files via ftp, thus eliminating the need for phase1 and phase2
imports. Now when I restore it gives error 5.

Add a line to /etc/hosts on masterindia at the very bottom

10.16.17.22       masteruk

Ur restore would go fine.

Regards
BIJU