Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DB backup tapes and DR

2006-12-06 01:57:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DB backup tapes and DR
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 06:57:48 -0000
I rotate my tapes - so every week, they rotate and stored in a safe.

I have even created my own DR solution, which gives anyone the need to put
in a CD, restore Server from image, and run bprecover.

I used to do disk-based backups..... Not anymore. I do however, take OFFLINE
Backups of the system - though its not supported, but it does work and has
been used as a "last resort" method.

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support