Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DB backup tapes and DR

2006-12-05 11:51:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DB backup tapes and DR
From: dave.markham at fjserv.net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:51:06 +0000
If you re just talking the catalogue backups then i have mine done to
tape which remains in the robot and then i run a job from cron ( unix )
which runs a script containing bpbackupdb to a file store location.

I then scp these compressed files over to my DR site for the event of DR
where i turn my DR netbackup server into my production netbackup server
by restoring the catalogues ( and a bit of other jiggery pokery ).

Hope that helps
Dave