Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN backups - incomplete streams

2006-11-30 16:48:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN backups - incomplete streams
From: Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com (Sponsler, Michael)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:48:16 -0500
I have noticed that the "parent" oracle backup (ie Full or
Differential-Inc) backup, that actually runs the RMAN .sh script, will
sometimes fail with an error 6.  Looking into the logs, I notice that I
get an Oracle error that basically says: "Cannot gain sole ownership of
Control File, failure."  The "Default Application Backup" will run later
will a success, status 0.  But the fact that the parent fails with error
6 gets on my nerves.  I've talked to my Oracle DBA about this, and he
says it's correct, and I'm to expect it from time to time.  I *really*
wish that Netbackup would regulate that job to queued until the control
file is ready.l

--
Mike