Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Losing tape drives on Windows 2003 media servers

2006-11-30 05:31:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Losing tape drives on Windows 2003 media servers
From: Mark.Kilpatrick at edsgfs.ie (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:31:42 -0000
Mike, how is your zoning setup in the tape san environment? What model fibre
switch  and tape library are you using?

You may be able to resolve the issues that you are seeing by creating a
seperate zone for every media server that is using the SAN tape drives. So if
you have 5 media servers create 5 zones and in each zone put the tape devices
and one of the media servers.

This method has resolved many issues for me in the past where servers were
losing tape devices in a shared tape environment.

Regards, Mark K

   7. Re: Losing tape drives on Windows 2003 media servers
      (Dyck, Jonathan)