Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media type confusion

2006-11-29 16:28:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media type confusion
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:28:27 -0800 (PST)
> One problem is that while inserting new media into our robot the media
> type is set to DLT.  This should be DLT3.  I have found the settings in
> the advanced options for a robot inventory but these do no make an
> effect on new media, nor do they stay set to the selected type.

I don't know why that would be.  Are you doing it in 'Media Settings',
or are you creating a <DEFAULT> Barcode Tag?  I've usually done it with
an explicit barcode rule myself.

After you set the rules in the gui, can you see them in 'vmadm'?
('s'pecial actions, then 'b'arcode rules and 'l'ist rules.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com