Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Losing tape drives on Windows 2003 media servers

2006-11-29 09:32:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Losing tape drives on Windows 2003 media servers
From: Jonathan.Dyck at cognos.com (Dyck, Jonathan)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:32:52 -0500
A couple of things you could try...

1)  Disable any tape agents on all but one Windows media servers you
have out there monitoring the health of your tape drives (support has
told me some agents can cause temporary fabric disconnects that Windows
doesn't like).

2) Make sure RSM is disabled.

3) Check out this tech note
<http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270183.htm>