Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACS Error: robot inventory failed: Unable toinit ialize robot (204)

2006-11-22 10:11:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACS Error: robot inventory failed: Unable toinit ialize robot (204)
From: gmackinn at ford.com (MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory))
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:11:33 -0500
Justin Piszcz wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Scott Jacobson wrote:
>

>>Perhaps this question was already answered, what about the StorageTek
>>"LibAttach"? This is required for a windows Master and I'd assume an
>>equivalent binary for Linux side is also required.
>>-sj
>>
>>Scott Jacobson
>>NetBackup Systems Administration
>>Data Retention and Storage Management
>>I. S. & T. Provo Operations
>>sjacobso at novell.com
>>Desk Direct: 801-861-7668
>>Toll Free: 800-453-1267 Ext. 1-7668
>>Cell: 801-560-6891

[Snipped for space]

>Good questions, AFAIK there is not, or not that I know of, anyone here
>uses ACSLS on UNIX box that knows?

Never done (nor had a need to do) an inventory on our STK powderhorn, as
the ACSLS machine keep track of the tapes.

If you can mount a tape via robtest, and get a status via
mt -f /dev/rmt/? status,  then you should be able to configure
the drive in the robot.

I'm using NBU 5.1 MP4 on Solaris 8, with 4 Solaris Media Servers
sharing 9 STK 9940b drives.  I've never had to add any special ACS
related files/libraries other that those that came with NBU.

That said, I'm wondering if you have the license feature enabled.

The line from my 'get_license_key' is:

Feature:        StorageTek ACS Robotic Libraries (Active)

Gregg

Gregg MacKinnon                         Ford Motor Co.
gmackinn at ford.com                    2101 Village Rd.
Technical Computing Section             Rm 1116, MD 1074
(313) 594-3716   pager 7958343          Dearborn Michigan, 48124