Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape drive changed

2006-11-20 18:05:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape drive changed
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:05:29 -0700
With 5.1 you could also:

<install_path>veritas/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -replace_drive <drive_name> -path
<drive_path>

which would also update the Master globalDB.  It would also update the "local"
DB but since that doesn't exist anymore on remote media servers, I'm not sure
what behavior you'd encounter (check the Manual)

-sj

>>> "Brandon Zermeno" <Brandon.Zermeno at pulte.com> 11/20/2006 1:16 PM >>>
>From volmgr\bin run vmglob -delete -drive -serial (case sensitive serial
number of old drive here) -devhost servername

After that the old drive is gone then I just run the device manager
wizard for that server again.