Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Backups

2006-11-15 13:20:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backups
From: dbrown at worknetinc.com (Dave Brown)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:20:07 -0600
I just got off the phone with my NetBackup support.

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge here.  Not an Oracle/Linux guy at
all.

That being said, here is scenario of what happened nearest I can tell.

Oracle backups have been failing.

What ever function tells Oracle that it is ok to clean up transaction
logs has not been saying it is ok.

Log disk filled up

Oracle/dba guy deleted files to make room

Job fails with new error stating the log file it is supposed to backup
does not exist.

My NBSupport says he deleted the logs from the file system and not from
Oracle so when agent queries Oracle,  it says backup this file but when
it goes to do it,  file does not exist.

Make any sense at all ?

Dave