Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to complain effectively (was Re: The *NEW* support site)

2006-11-15 11:06:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to complain effectively (was Re: The *NEW* support site)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:06:38 -0600
While I'm sure that griping here on the list will indeed
get some attention from some veritas folks, when it comes to
corporate complaints there are some golden rules that apply
here:

=====
1. In writing your complaint, be concise and courteous.
Don't forget to spell-check.

2. Be very specific about your complaint.
Saying that "it sucks even more" may be true, but it gets you nowhere.

3. When it comes to website usability issues, don't be afraid to
attach 1 or 2 screenshots to help illustrate your point. Sadly, the
person reading your email
has probably never used the site like you do!

4. Emphasize your loyalty and keep in mind that threats to take your
business elsewhere can sound pretty hollow unless you can be extremely
specific with times, dates, and names of competing sales reps.

5. If you happen to REALLY know the dollar amount of a recent PO
your company paid to symantec, feel free to mention it.
But DON'T make up some inflated figure.

6. Reaching the right person is difficult, but can make a big difference.

As for my rule #6 above,
Poking around on the symantec executive website, I would guess that
Greg Hughes is probably a good place to start.
(http://www.symantec.com/about/profile/management/executives/bio.jsp?bioid=greg_hughes)

I see no email listed there, but after searching this list's archive
for "@symantec.com", I'd wager a dollar that it's greg_hughes at symantec.com

Just my 2 cents,
Bri