Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Implementation - What Licenses Do I need?

2006-11-15 03:57:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Implementation - What Licenses Do I need?
From: falkmrt at schaeffler.com (Falk, Martin SZ/HZA-ITDS2)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:57:24 +0100
You would need the following licenses

1 Master Server
8 Media Servers if you backup network clients (or 8 SAN Media Servers
theses servers only backup themselfes or a mixture of both)
16 Library based Tape drives
16 SSO (Shared Storage Option) Licenses for sharing the drives between
the media servers (SSO is licensed on base of the number of drives you
share not the nodes that use them)
one protect Server License for each network client

additional licenses for Databases (Exchange, SQL, Oracle....)

Please contact a sales rep from Symantec to give you info about tiering
models (Number of Processors/Server Model)

Regards

Martin