Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding a Media server

2006-11-13 02:31:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding a Media server
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:31:17 -0000
Hello Randy
Well I am the first to say I know nowt about Unix, but putting the Operating
System aside, if its a case of adding a Media Server, then effectively you
just need the installation CD and :

1) Insert into the Server that is going to become a NBU Media Server
2) Ensure before starting that the device can see the tape drive, or drives
or robotic library and its connected correctly
3) Run the setup application, specifying a media key and that your Master
Server is known as XXXXXX - where XXXXXX is the Server name of your NBU
Server
4) Complete the Setup - You may wish to run the device configuration wizard
which will create a storage unit for you, or you can manually do this
yourself.

I assume of course, that you are using a Tape Robotic library - so I may be
wrong in some of the above steps, but that is essentially adding a new Media
Server to your NetBackup environment.

Hopefully I have not overlooked anything. Oh yes, any policies that this
media server will be using, will need to have the correct storage unit
applied to it :-)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net