Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication

2006-11-08 18:15:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication
From: mchiapusso at hotmail.com (marco chiapusso)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 00:15:25 +0100
Hi Guys,
I need to change my tape drives tecnology. I'll swap from LTO2 to IBM Jaguar
tapes drive (700 GB!! not compressed..impressive!!!).The goal it's also to
move even the historical data on LTO to the new support

At the same time I'll like to add a new Netbackup Domain ( 2 separate Master
server with a lot of Media)

I thinked to use the alternate read server on the vault option so i'll use a
new media server (after that I'll upgrade it to Master role).
The alternate media will see the new tape library with new tape drives. I'll
add it to the old Netbackup domain, swap throught it the technologies
without overloading not too much the CPU's of my master.

What do you think about that?

Marco

Manda messaggi istantanei dal tuo account di Hotmail!
http://join.msn.com/hotmail/features-std#6