Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drive is going down

2006-11-07 21:33:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drive is going down
From: krzys at perfekt.net (Krzys)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:33:11 -0500 (EST)
I have veritas netbackup 6.0 MP3 installed, and I have two LTO-3 tape drives,
one of them is going down very often, the other one does go down every now and
then but not that often... I downloaded a script that someone wrote (forgot his
name) that detects when drive is down and it attempts to bring it up. So far
after I started it at around 5pm I got like 20 messages that drive was down...
what would cause drive to be brought down? Is there any settings in netbackup
not to bring tape drives down? I mean if I can bring it up there is no physical
problem... how can I find out what brings those drives down?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris