Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How Netbackup handles NFS

2006-11-06 16:11:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How Netbackup handles NFS
From: dsixbury at hrblock.com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:11:09 -0600
I have a system that has a file system and then later has a NFS mounted
file system that points to a real file system.  Not my choice, but for
some reason the application works with files and needs it set up this
way. (That is a different argument for a different day)

My question is if you do NOT select "Follow NFS mount points", will you
still get the directory under /data/iwmnt backed up?  I ask because I
tried to look at restoring
/data/iwmnt/default/main/internet/xxxxx/WORKAREA/2006 and it is showing
0 byte size for this directory

/dev/md/dsk/d3                  /data
Server_name:/iwserver/default   /data/iwmnt/default

I would think that not following NFS would be the proper way to make
sure that the data only gets backed up once versus twice.

Thanks.
Dan