Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0MP6 on Solaris10

2006-11-06 12:19:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0MP6 on Solaris10
From: Scott.Chapman at icbc.com (Chapman, Scott)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:19:45 -0800
I am looking at upgrading my netbackup servers from solaris 8 to solaris
10.  My existing config involves some /etc/system parms to accommodate
the SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS:

** VERITAS NETBACKUP SPECIFIC PARAMETERS
**
* Grab sufficient amount of memory for NETBACKUP
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=65535
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
*
* Allocate semaphores for NetBackup
set semsys:seminfo_semume=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=64
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=32
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=300
*
* Increase the systems message queue resources to avoid bpsched hangs
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmap=512
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmax=8192
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmnb=65536
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni=256
set msgsys:msginfo_msgssz=16
set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=1024
set msgsys:msginfo_msgseg=8192
*
** End VERITAS NETBACKUP SPECIFIC PARAMETERS
*

My issue is that Solaris 10 does not support most of these settings in
/etc/system so I am wondering how I am going to config the new OS to
support the tape buffers . . . I have opened cases with both veritas and
sun and have received nothing useful, mostly finger pointing!  Has
anyone done this upgrade?  If so, how did you config the OS to support
the tape buffers?

Thanks!

Scott