Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Query remote drives

2006-11-06 11:33:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Query remote drives
From: austin.murphy at gmail.com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:33:18 -0500
On 11/6/06, Clooney, David <david.clooney at bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> Yeah I know of the below, what I'm trying to achieve is putting a script
> together to check drives  across the SSO environment and re-organise
> accordingly by adding/deleting as necessary. To do this I would need serial
> number info on the drives per media server in order to add them correctly
> into the SSO env.
>
> Any ideas would be grateful.

   vmglob -listall -java

This reads the globDB and shows the serial number (and other info) of
each drive connected to each media server.    I think your goal of
rearranging the drives actually changes the globDB so this may not
suit you.

This will show you everything on your SCSI/FibreChannel buses attached
to your Solaris master server.  It includes serial numbers.

  /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scan -all

Austin