Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to get SSO SAN Media Server LTO Drives back *without* rebooting ?

2006-11-06 06:41:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to get SSO SAN Media Server LTO Drives back *without* rebooting ?
From: seb at open2.be (Sebastian Schoenwetter)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:41:25 +0100
Tell us something about your SAN ...

Are you in a fabric environment, or a loop environment ?  Are the
drives fabric enabled drives in Point-to-point mode or are they Public
loops attached to your fabric (if you have one) ?

If you are in loop mode, a LIP (loop initialization) or target reset
might cause your drives to get a new ALPA (= address on the loop)
effectively preventing your host from talking to the drive.

Do you use persistent binding  ?

Bye
seb