Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] McData vs Brocade

2006-11-03 08:40:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] McData vs Brocade
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:40:24 -0500
If it helps at all, we're running Silkworm 24K Directors, and they'vebeen
great.
We're a Brocade shop on the FC side....no problems at all, including our3800s
on our backup infrastructure.
Interesting about the HP thing. Our Server group is looking at HP
Bladeservers.....the IP side is Cisco equipped, which our Network grouplikes,
but I hadn't come across anything about the FC side.
Will need to do some research on that.
Paul
--

> -----Original Message-----> From: veritas-bu-bounces at
> mailman.eng.auburn.edu > [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces at
> mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf > Of Hampus Lind> Sent: November 2, 2006
> 6:44 PM> To: misha.pavlov at sgcib.com; veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] McData vs Brocade> >
> The thing is, the merge will probably to trough. Mcdata has > always been>
> better  on the director side, meanwhile brocade have owned > the switch
> sector> (more or less).> > But.. The market has acted already. For instance,
> HP blade > systems only> comes with brocade
> switches...====================================================================================
La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.
This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
ofCanada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying
of thisemail or the information it contains by other than the intended
recipient isunauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it
immediately fromyour system and notify the sender promptly by email that you
have done so.
Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y
rapportent. Toute diffusion,utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des
renseignements qu'il contient par unepersonne autre que le ou les destinataires
d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous recevezce courriel par erreur, veuillez le
supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans d?lai ?l'exp?diteur un message
?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de votreordinateur toute copie
du courriel re?u.