Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify script question

2006-11-01 18:29:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify script question
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:29:57 -0800
Hi all,

I'm working on a backup_exit_nofity script for NetBackup 5.1 MP4 on
Windows 2003. There are six variables that are passed to the script by
bpsched:

%1 = CLIENT           - the client hostname

%2 = POLICY           - the policy label

%3 = SCHEDULE         - the schedule label

%4 = SCHEDULE_TYPE    - the type of schedule:  FULL INCR UBAK UARC

%5 = STATUS           - the backup status for this job

%6 = STREAM           - the backup stream number for this job

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can use any of these variables to
convert the stream number into a file list to be sent in the e-mail. Has
anybody done anything like this before?

Thanks in advanced!

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Backup & Recovery
Corp-IT Operations, La Mirada Datacenter
IndyMac Bank
Phone: (714) 520-3414