Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Determine efficiency of tape usage.

2006-11-01 01:31:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Determine efficiency of tape usage.
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 06:31:32 -0000
Dan
Well we use LTO3 400/800GB compressed - I see around 5-600 however alot
depends on:

Data crammed onto tape
Types of Data (if it can be compressed anymore)

I dont expect to get 800GB compression, but storing 400GB on a single tape
is good enough for me, especially considering what LTO1 started off with.

Also, depending on how your environment is configured also depends on the
tape usage (ie: multiple volumes means more tapes will be used for the
backup jobs, policies, frequency of backups, retenion periods perhaps).

How much data are you expecting to hold on a single Tape Dan?

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net