Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server + Win2K3 Master

2006-10-26 14:44:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server + Win2K3 Master
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:44:20 -0400
In testing the Linux media server, I've ran across a problem I've not
seen before.  When I initiate a backup that will use the Linux media
server, I received this:

10/26/2006 2:40:45 PM - awaiting resource sharptop-hcart3-robot-tld-0
Reason: Tape media server is not active., Media Server:
sharptop.longwood.edu, Robot Number: 0, Robot Type: TLD, Media ID: N/A,
Drive Name: N/A, Volume Pool: NDMP, Storage Unit:
sharptop-hcart3-robot-tld-0, Drive Scan Host: N/A

Google revealed nothing for "Tape media server is not active."  Ideas on
'activating' the media server?  It's seeing the tape, knows who the
robot control host is, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer